Wednesday 16 April 2008

3. Comment



http://gina16-beingbad.blogspot.com/2008/04/smoking.html

Smoking may be called an addiction or something normal - because our parents, teenagers and friends smoke, so why is it so bad if everybody does?
We all know illnesses caused by smoking. ‘Smoking kills’ is the most popular note and should discourage from smoking. The message, even if it is literally true, is not able to get to the audience. Smokers don’t care. The death is too abstractive, as the notes are. Generally, people are not afraid of death, not while they feel alive. Smoking is sexy, cool and ..what else? Or maybe it is dangerous for our health? Our society is schizophrenic, we want to take care of our health, but also we want to feel better, be accepted or be as an adult. My sister smokes, she is sixteen. It is really hard to do something about that. She doesn't want our help - it is not a problem for her. Should it be? Yes, because she is young, we all know what may happen in the future, on the other hand, I know that she smokes, and somehow I accept that. I mean, I am not depressed or something. Even if I don't smoke.

No comments: